Wednesday, July 9, 2008

JUST FLOATIN' WITH THE MUSES


The only bad thing about there being so much to do in this area, and having friends who are involved in so many different activities, is that it is sometimes very difficult to even find a time when we can all get together. I thought we were never going to come up with a mutually agreeable date for our Mexican potluck! Cheryl has been out of town and missed the last two Meetings of the Muses, so we thought we'd get together for a float at the Blue Hole and catch up with her. Unfortunately, she can't do it this afternoon due to an appointment in San Marcos. Deb suggested we do it at noon, but I have a mystery shopper gig over in Austin at that time. And of course, I'm leaving for Houston tomorrow. This is so very frustrating! But, better than the alternative, I suppose. Imagine having nowhere you are dying to go, no projects or stack of books that are calling out to you, and nothing in particular that interests you. I guess that's my idea of Hell.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the photo of the Muses. Very creative. I especially like the fact you can't see my body hidden below the water. Did you use photoshop to color it? I'm just catching up reading your wonderful blog. Couldn't remember my login, so I opened another. That was a nice turn out for the July 4th parade. Lots of floats and lots of onlookers. Bill and I enjoyed it. I was in it last year playing patriotic songs with a kazoo, marching behind the Master Naturalists float. It is fun being in it, but you don't get to see all the floats that way. Until we float again my friend, Debi

deerlakedeb said...

I love the painting of the muses too. Becky, you look like the archangel.

Hill Country Hippie said...

It's not a photo Debi. I forgot, you weren't there the day I brought my new magazine full of art project ideas. I made B&W photocopies from several different snaps I took, cut out each individual figure, glued them all on one canvas, then dabbed a bunch of paint over and around them. And that's not water, that's sky! (see the sun rays?) Those are clouds we are floating on, and it was entirely intentional that they are covering up the unmentionables!

Deb, I've been called a lot of things, but never an archangel!

Eveline Maedel said...

I really like what you're doing with the copies of pictures and the paints! Good stuff! Great colors in this one :) I'm going to have to try this, I think....