Thursday, June 19, 2008

OUTDOOR WOMAN






I need another swimsuit. Nothing wrong with my current one, still good as new. I've only had it about 10 years, so it's only been worn about 10 times. But having only one just isn't going to cut it, now that I'm hanging out with the Muses. It barely has time to dry out before they have me back in the water again!

They started me off easy with a dip in the hot tub, after dark, girls only. Then on Monday, they finally got me into a kayak. When they first suggested kayaks, I was somewhat hesitant. I recalled our river rafting trips when most of the kayaks we passed were upside down. But it turned out to be way more fun than I expected. The only hard part was getting them loaded and unloaded from the racks on the top of a big ol' SUV, when you had one tall person and two shorties. These weren't your lightweight sport kayaks either. They were your heavy duty, ocean-going, fishing kayaks, and they were dang heavy! Good thing there was no one around with a video camera, or we might have ended up on YouTube. Next time, I'm bringing a step stool.

The very next day they had me swimming at The Blue Hole, and before we left, had me convinced that I needed a season's pass. We went back again on Wednesday. Now they're talking Schlitterbahn, hiking up Mt. Baldy, and riding the Zip Lines (not gonna happen). I accused them of trying to turn me into Outdoor Woman. They busted a gut laughing, then one said "I don't know if you'll ever be Outdoor Woman, but I know you'll try everything with a positive attitude!"

Jeez, I hate shopping for swimsuits.

P.S. That's Cheryl's 17 yr. old chimp, Spencer, perched in the tip top of that huge tree. Shortly thereafter, he leaped from that branch, down into the water. Cheryl says she's planning on doing it herself, one of these days.

2 comments:

lexlane said...

You're having way too much fun without me. That's just not allowed.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Dad is starting to feel the same way! I told him he needs to take at least a weeks vacation, just to hang out here with me. I plan to drag him down to the Blue Hole this afternoon, then take him to the Corral Theatre to see Kung Fu Panda tonight. That ought to cheer him up!