Monday, June 9, 2008

FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULUS



How does one segue from the wonders of Thailand to the wonders of Luling? I have a new friend, also named Becky. She wrote a book called French By Heart, and she has a blog called Wonders Never Cease (rebeccasramsey.blogspot.com). In a recent posting, she confessed to a passion for "gigantic bizarre-o" stuff. Immediately this water tower came to mind. We've passed it a million times, going back and forth between Houston and Wimberley. It's located in Luling, Texas, home of the famous Watermelon Thump Festival.

So, this one's for you Becky R. Hope you enjoy it. Now if only I could scrounge up our photo of that giant jackrabbit in Odessa.

Taa Daa! Found it!

3 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hey Becky! You sweet thing! I LOVE that water tower! Thank you for posting it. You made my day.

And I love your blog. (And I would even if you didn't mention me :)) I'm going to add it to my favorites this very minute!
Becky R

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Oh, one other thing. Be sure to put an S in my name and in the website or you'll go to someone else's site.
www.rebeccasramsey.blogspot.com
(I'm sure their site is fine, but it's not mine. And I'd love the company!)
Becky

Hill Country Hippie said...

I'll correct that right now!