Monday, May 19, 2008

UNIQUEITUDE


I have spent my entire life living in subdivisions and company compounds, where every other house in the neighborhood looked pretty much like mine. Sometimes exactly like mine, as in you walk through their door and say "Oh! You've got my floor plan, only flip flopped. And I have that same kitchen wallpaper in green!" One thing I love about Wimberley is it's uniqueitude. Every single house you enter is one of a kind, and reflects the interests and attitudes of the people who live there.

My friend Deb Bradshaw lives in a house that is not particularly huge, but which lives large. It is tucked back into the woods, sits just above a dam on Lone Man Creek, and is surrounded by beautiful decks, where they spend as much time as possible. They keep a couple of kayaks, so they can paddle up and down the creek. They also have a huge garden scattered with art finds and artifacts, and two little wiener dogs who's mission in life is to give the local deer as much grief as possible. When we have had enough rain, there is a great little swimmin' hole on the creek. And, pictured in the photo, they have the perfect place to kick back with a margarita, regardless of the weather. Thank goodness they finally got around to inviting me to try it out!

No comments: