Wednesday, May 7, 2008

MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME





For the past 3 1/2 years I have been like a man without a country. Here I was, working at a wonderful garden center, getting a great discount, and yet I had no garden in which to plant anything! When we bought this place in Wimberley, we sold our house in Katy and rented a townhouse closer in. We couldn't start a new garden in Wimberley with no way to keep it watered, so I had to be content with a few containers on the porch and patio in Houston. In the summer it wasn't too bad. I kind of enjoyed being free to stay inside where it was cool for a change. But in spring, when the garden shops were full to overflowing with all sorts of amazing things, and I had no where to put them, I really suffered.

Now, I am making up for lost time. Watch out Natural Gardener in Austin, here I come!

No comments: