Wednesday, May 21, 2008

DRIPPIN' WITH ART






If it hadn't been for the email message I got from my daughter that morning, Saturday would have been such a great day. After breakfasting in town, I headed straight for Blanco, where I shopped at McCall Creek Farm (got peaches, blackberries, tomatoes, garlic and cucumbers), Brieger Pottery (4 lavender plants) and at the Arnosky's blue barn (goat cheese feta, 2 pepper plants and a Mexican Bush Sage). I got home with barely enough time to shower, change and grab a bite of lunch, before heading out to meet up with Deb Bradshaw and Debi Bowers, two of my muses.

We were on our way to "Drippin' " for their annual Artists' Studio Tour. There were nine studios on the tour, and at each stop there were several different artists displaying their wares. The art was unbelievable, and I'd just about trade my children for one of those kinetic sculptures we saw at Solstice.

Our last stop of the day was Lonesome Sage Ranch, and one of the artists there was Deb's good friend Tammy. She had told us in advance that they were having a little party afterwards, if we'd like to stay. We had expected about 30 minutes of wine and cheese, but instead were welcomed for four hours of cowboy singers, chuckwagons, longhorn cattle, fantastic fajitas, old galvanized bathtubs of icy beer, and tours of the most amazing 78 year old stone house with a cellar (unheard of down here, where everything is solid rock) and an unusual barn (now the artist/owner's studio) that was built into the side of the hill with the outer edge on stilts, so that there was space for the animals to shelter below.

Like I said, if it weren't for that email, telling me that Alexis and her promising new boyfriend had already split, and finding her in tears when I called to check on her, it might have been a really great day.

2 comments:

Quotes 4 thought said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.