Saturday, April 26, 2008

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS

If you recall, I was just in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, taking care of my mom while the sister that she lives with was away on vacation. I was already scheduled to come back again today, this time to take care of my other sister. She just had both knees replaced, and her husband is leaving for Utah tomorrow to officiate in his niece's wedding. In the meantime, I got a call from sister number one saying that she had to rush Mom to the hospital last Friday in the middle of the night. Turns out she has pneumonia and congestive heart failure. So, I rushed up here Wednesday as soon as I got off work, to take over hospital duties with Mom for a few days, then passed the torch back to sister number one, so I could come take care of number two. Things are never dull in Dallas. Never fun, but never dull.

All this is by way of apology for not having anything new from the Hill Country to report this week. I promise to make up for lost time, as soon as I get back there!(hopefully Thursday evening)

TTFN,
Hill Country Hippie

No comments: