Monday, April 7, 2008

SINGING MY LIFE WITH HIS WORDS

I found out not long ago that you can get google alerts. They let you know whenever certain phrases appear on the internet, so you can find out who's talking about you. I set one up for the phrase Hill Country Hippie, and got a notice that led me to a website (http://www.hughfadal.com/html/hill_country_hippie.html). As soon as I clicked on the link, a song started playing. It appears to have been written about me. Not only is my name in the title, he's singing about my quest - about finding this hill, where the spirit that once was trapped has been set free, and about rollin' down the River Road, over to Gruene, dancin' to Jerry Jeff and Robert Earl Keene. It sends shivers up my spine each time I listen to it.

I told John about sending this guy an email saying I wanted to purchase the CD with this song on it, and apologizing for using the name Hill Country Hippie on my blog. I told him I didn't realize someone else was already using it. John's reply was "How do you know he didn't get the idea from you? Maybe he saw your blog, and that's what inspired him to write this song." Well, I'd say the odds of that are slim to none. But still, wouldn't that be awesome? To think that you had inadvertently been someone's muse?

No comments: