Saturday, March 15, 2008

WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?






Each time we move, one of my first missions is always to find my special "lunch spot". It's not an easy task, for I have stringent criteria that must be met. First of all, it must have the right ambience - rather casual, with a cozy booth or sunny corner table - somewhere that I would feel comfortable dining alone and lingering over my meal, with a crossword puzzle perhaps. Second, it must have really good food, not national chain fast food. Third, it must be inexpensive.

It took me a while, but I finally found the perfect place here in Wimberley - Crucita's Kitchen. I didn't notice it at first because it's tucked away in a strip center behind the laundromat. Open only for breakfast and lunch, it serves mostly just an assortment of tacos and gorditas, using the most delicious, warm, fluffy homemade flour tortillas I've ever tasted - and I've tasted a passel of them. Try a chicken fajita taco, a bean and cheese taco, and a pineapple flavored Mexican soda, and not only will you get out of there for less than $6.00, you will surely be coming back to work your way through the other options.

2 comments:

Sharon Lippincott said...

Oh yum! This is worth a trip to Wimberly. :-)

Hill Country Hippie said...

Keep reading, and you'll find a hundred more reasons. This is foodie heaven!