Saturday, March 29, 2008

THE PERFECT PICKER-UPPER





A couple of weeks ago, right after Megan, Ben, and John all left to go back home, I was feeling kind of sad and lonely. I decided to cheer myself up by heading over to Texas Specialty Cut Flowers (AKA the big blue barn). On any given day, that's an uplifting experience, but this was even better - a tasting event!

One of the local goat cheese makers was there, a hummus maker, and my favorite person, Sibby Barrett, from Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper Hills Farm. The Arnoskys are now carrying her Italian-style salsa verde, herb blends and tapenades, so she was there passing out samples. She told me she'd been reading my blog, to keep up with what's going on over in the Wimberley area, and it inspired her and her niece to finally come over and check out Clifford's Wine Bar. That just tickled me to death.

In addition to tasting yummy things, I enjoyed some fine music, was able to play with their new baby goats, and picked up this gorgeous bouquet of parrot tulips. Needless to say, I was feeling quite chipper by the time I left.

2 comments:

lexlane said...

I can't wait to move back home. I hate being cut off from all of this in San Diego.

Hill Country Hippie said...

We're pretty anxious for you to get your heinie back here too. Went to hear a great group called Kat's Meow at Cafe Susannah this week. You would have loved them. Hurry home!